Featured DIY Articles
When driving down a residential street, have you ever noticed how some houses just seem to have it all together—from paint to plantings to proper proportions?
That quality, often called curb appeal, can be somewhat elusive. From a real estate standpoint, curb appeal makes a home more valuable and easier to sell. For a homeowner, it inspires pride.
Why We’re Experts
Don Vandervort writes or edits every article at HomeTips. Don has:
• Over 30 years’ experience as a remodeler and builder.
• Written more than 30 home improvement books.
• Served as Senior Editor at Home Magazine
• Appeared as a segment host on HGTV’s “The Fix” for 3 seasons.
• Been a featured expert on MSN.com, US News, and many others.
• Learn more about the trusted HomeTips brand!
Other Featured Topics
Best Buying Advice
INTROITA: Materials How to Know if Your Asphalt Roof is Getting Old Should you repair your own roof? Quick Fix for a Roof Leak How
Is your floor so bouncy or springy that the tile or stone surface is cracking? This article will help you take the bounce and squeaks
Garden stairs provide transitions between level in your yard. Here are some great ideas for different materials and designs you can try. In This Article:
Expert advice, including videos, on how to replace a central air conditioner’s capacitor and contactor when a central AC unit doesn’t work at all. If